Anakiwa 401 is a great place in the Marlborough Sounds for action or to unwind.
Whether you love kayaking, mountain biking, wine or native bush walks & wildlife, the Marlborough region offers an outdoor paradise. We are happy to assist you with your Marlborough activity selection and booking.
FREE Activities from Anakiwa 401, Marlborough
- Explore the bay and nearby coastline on our stable sit-on kayaks (free for 2 hours).
- Take a leisurely bike ride along the bay road & Link Pathways track on our guest bikes.
- Short walks or longer day walks.
- Experience a local night walk and see a cascade of glow-worms.
- Swimming from the sandy beach & jetty.
- Rest & relax in our landscaped gardens & hammocks.
- Visit local art & craft studios along the Queen Charlotte Drive.
- Wildlife Watching – see native sea & bush birds, seals and hopefully a dolphin!
- Enjoy an underwater experience near the beach with our snorkel, mask & fins.
Don’t forget – if relaxing in our hammocks with a book or sitting enjoying the stunning views suits you better, then Anakiwa 401 is perfect for you too.
You can experience this, either on a guided tour with Sounds Connection, Bubbly Grape Wine Tours or Marlborough Wine Tours or self-drive following the Marlborough Wine Trail map or even by bike – cycling along flat, sealed, quiet rural roads with short distances between wineries. The wineries are great places to stop for lunch or coffee – beautiful buildings set in some stunning locations, often with fantastic views.
Picton – Cafes, Foreshore & Marina, the Edwin Fox Museum, scenic walks, Boat Cruises, Dolphin Tours, Diving, Mini Golf, Souvenir shops
Blenheim – Vineyards, Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, Vines Village, Makana Chocolate Factory, Wither Hills Farm Park, Marlborough Museum
Nelson – Saturday Market, Arts & Crafts galleries & studios, Cafés & Restaurants, the Centre of New Zealand, Walks & MTB rides, Beach
Port Underwood – from Picton drive along the scenic Port Underwood Road through coastal communities to beaches at Whites Bay & Rarangi.