Anakiwa 401 is a great place in the Marlborough Sounds for action or to unwind.
Whether you love kayaking, mountain biking, wine or native bush walks & wildlife, the Marlborough region offers an outdoor paradise. We are happy to assist you with your Marlborough activity selection and booking.
FREE Activities from Anakiwa 401, Marlborough
- Explore the bay and nearby coastline on our stable sit-on kayaks (free for 2 hours).
- Take a leisurely bike ride along the bay road & Link Pathways track on our guest bikes.
- Short walks or longer day walks.
- Experience a local night walk and see a cascade of glow-worms.
- Swimming from the sandy beach & jetty.
- Rest & relax in our landscaped gardens & hammocks.
- Visit local art & craft studios along the Queen Charlotte Drive.
- Wildlife Watching – see native sea & bush birds, seals and hopefully a dolphin!
- Enjoy an underwater experience near the beach with our snorkel, mask & fins.
Enhancing your Marlborough Experience
There is so much or so little to do from your base here at Anakiwa 401 – it’s entirely up to you. Whether you would like to go walking, relax on a boat cruise, learn to water-ski or wakeboard, go mountain biking, wind-surfing, horse-riding, fishing or snorkelling. Or perhaps find some dolphins to admire or swim with, explore the famous Marlborough vineyards or be visually stimulated at the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre – just let us know as we can help arrange any of these activities for you.
Click on the links below to discover more.
Don’t forget – if relaxing in our hammocks with a book or sitting enjoying the stunning views suits you better, then Anakiwa 401 is perfect for you too.