Anakiwa 401 Self-catering Guesthouse (www.anakiwa401.co.nz) understands your privacy is of utmost importance and we are committed to keeping your details safe. This document sets out our policy on how we will use and protect your personal information and data.
Information we collect
The personal information we collect includes the following:
When completing a booking online:
- The full name and address of the person making the booking
- The email address of the person making the booking
- Credit / Debit card details
The following information can also be provided but is not mandatory:
- The names of all guests staying as part of the booking
- Any additional information you wish to provide that you feel is pertinent to your stay (e.g. allergies, special requirements, etc.)
When contacting us via our online enquiry form, telephone, email or in person, we may collect:
- Name & email address, phone, arrival date, number of guests, number of nights, general message
- If you provide Credit/debit card details over the telephone or in person these will be entered into our secure payment system. We will not hold your card details other than within the secure payment system. This is only accessible by authorised personnel. We request that you DO NOT provide card details by email.
How we collect data
The data we collect is provided to us by you or an agent/representative acting on your behalf. It is collected when:
- you complete forms on our website or our online booking system
- you provide information to us in an email or a letter
- you provide information to us by telephone
- you tell us in person.
How we store your data and keep it secure
We take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to store your information in a secure manner and prevent its loss or misuse.
We use freetobook.com as our booking engine, and they collect and store information that you give when you make a booking online. This information is stored in the freetobook system (a secure database which is fully compliant with the GDPR data rules) in order to process your booking. You may be contacted by us in relation to your booking.
This freetobook database does not store or capture any personal data other than as detailed above (see the Information we collect). Neither Anakiwa 401 nor freetobook will transfer any personal data to any other party if it is not part of the booking and review process.
Your data is also stored after you have stayed but will be kept no longer than necessary in order to comply with legal obligations and to welcome your repeat business.
All credit and debit card data captured via our booking system or by other means is kept secure with the PCI level 1 compliance – PCI Card Storage. The CV2 number is deleted after it has been viewed once and all card numbers are deleted 7 days after departure of the booking or if the booking is cancelled, then 7 days after the date of cancellation.
Where you choose to pay us by credit or debit card using our processing terminal (whether it is by using the physical card or when we process a card in the “cardholder not present” manner), we will have a printed receipt slip that contains details of the amount paid and some card details. This receipt slip is kept in a secure location and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. The slip is kept separately from any other information that could identify the card as belonging to an individual. Card payment slips are only kept for as long as is reasonable and destroyed using a security grade shredder.
Using your personal information
The personal information provided to us will only be used in connection with the services we are providing to you and is intended to improve your experience.
We may use your personal information to:
- Process your booking and provide confirmation details
- Obtain payments for our services via credit/debit card
- Respond to any questions or comments via e-mail, telephone or post.
- Provide information that may be useful to you
- Request feedback about your stay with us, the booking experience and our website. This is sometimes done in conjunction with Freetobook or TripAdvisor.
- Return any items that you may forget to take with you on check-out
- Send an email after your stay with a discount code that can be used for future bookings
- Send a newsletter to people who have specifically opted in to receive this. When signing up for our newsletter, the only information that is required is your email address and name. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us. You will not automatically be subscribed by making a booking at Anakiwa 401 or by contacting us.
Disclosures and Data Storage
We will not store or process your personal information outside New Zealand. Other than this, we may disclose your personal data as required by law to any third parties.
We consider obtaining feedback about your stay as part of the service we provide. To this end, we do supply your email address to third parties (including Freetobook) for the sole purpose of obtaining this feedback. You are under no obligation to provide feedback, and you will only receive 1 email from each of our review partners. If you do provide feedback this may be used for marketing purposes, but we will not disclose any of your personal information.
You may request that we provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (e.g. a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
You also have the right to request that we delete and destroy your personal data. Subject to providing evidence of your identity (see above) we will be happy to comply with a request to delete your data.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Forms related cookies – when you submit data to through our Enquiries form, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- To help analyse how you navigate our website, and compile aggregate statistics about site usage and response rates, we, with assistance from third-party analytics service providers such as Google Analytics, collect certain information when you visit our site. This information can include IP address, geographic location of the device, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request, time(s) of your visit(s), page views and page elements (e.g., links) that you click. They will not store, save or collect personal information. We use this information to provide better, more relevant content on our site, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to identify and fix problems, and to improve your overall experience on our site.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish by adjusting the settings in your browser (see your browser Help or aboutcookies.org for details on how to do this). You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Who we are and how to Contact us
Our website is: https://www.anakiwa401.co.nz